Roofing Calculator app is created for Roofing Contractors, Estimators, Salesmen, and can also be used by Realtors and Home Inspectors, to quickly estimate steep sloped roof – simple or complex. User can pre-set all installation and labor prices, material costs, and other miscellaneous item. When calculating a job, all you need to do is enter ground dimensions of the roof, slope, tear-off, number of floors, roof flashing and penetration details, and roof substrate replacement.
Ridge vent is calculated automatically, and can be manually adjusted by user. Once you enter roof information, click “Calculate” button, and you will get detailed report, that includes Total Roof Cost Roof Materials and labor Prices, and detailed roof measurements and materials breakdown.
The reports can be saved, and emailed to Contractor for internal records, or as a formal proposal to the client. Job address is automatically acquired by phone’s GPS.
Here are some highlights of new options added:
- Multiple Roof Sections – include sheds, garages, additions – all calculated at once. You can add up-to 10 roofs or sections per calculation. Our app will intuitively add up all the roof sizes, materials needed for the job.
- Saving and Exporting of Results – every time you calculate a roof, a report will be generated. You can either modify it, review or export to your yourself or client in a professional looking estimate PDF file, with your company’s letterhead.
- GPS Location – to make your day-to-day roofing work easier, the Roofing Calculator App will intuitively get you location during an estimate, and record it into the roof report.
- Improved Roof Calculation Accuracy with addition of Valley, Dormers, Miscellaneous Costs (Permits, Dumpsters, Equipment, etc) and Sales Tax.
To get the app from your phone or tablet, open App Store or Android Market and search for “Roofing Calculator“. You can also try out this app for FREE before you buy, by downloading Roof Calculator DEMO.
Check out Roofing Calculator running on Samsung Galaxy Note – the best android phone for roofing contractors.
How to get the Roofing Calculator app:
We made this great app to work on the most popular mobile platforms, and you can get the app directly from your phone / tablet, by downloading it from the application source – App Store on iPhone, Market on Android, and soon, App World on BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
To get the app from you phone, open Market app and search for “roofing calculator”. Our app should come up at the top.
To get the Roofing Calculator for Android app straight from Android Market website – Roofing Calculator App.
Application price: $19.99 – Read a complete review of Roof Calculator for Android platform, including video user’s guide and walk-through all the features.
You can try a fully functioning roofing calculator demo version, before you purchase a full version, to see if this is the roof estimating tool for you.
Since the Android version of the app is released, we are now concentrating our efforts on finishing this application for iPhone platform (iPhone / iPad /iPod touch). Please rate the app on the market if you purchase it and leave us your feedback on how we can improve it and what kind of new features you would like to see in it. We already have a few scheduled updates for the calculator that will be released soon.
Roofing Calculator mobile app
Introducing a Roofing Calculator app for iPhone / iPad and Android smart-phones / tablets. Roofing Calculator app, helps roofing contractors to quickly calculate roof size, cost of your materials, cost of labor, and provide your customer with a nearly instant roof quote.
You will no longer have to run to the office to do a take-off or call your suppliers for current pricing. All roofing materials prices and your labor costs will be saved in separate profiles, so all you’ll have to do is plug in roof dimensions, roof pitch and other details and click the “calculate” button – voila, you have your complete roofing quote in front of you, including the cost of your materials.
Roofing Calculator iPhone app introduction video:
Roofing Calculator App features:
Roofing Calculator app will combine the functionality of our main roofing calculator and roofing materials calculator, as well as add a ton of customization options:
- Roofing Materials Profiles – you can save your roofing materials prices (including cost of roofing shingles, felt, I&W, roofing nails, ridge vent, drip edge, etc.) as profiles.
- Chimney and Skylight Flashing – Set price to flash chimneys / skylights.
- Waste factor – Set waste factor for Hip and Gable roofs, which we currently estimate at 7.5% for hip roofs and 5% for gable roofs.
- Roof Slope – roofing calculator will automatically calculate geometrical roof pitch, based on the pitch value you enter, and will provide the length of your gables / roof run.
- Roof tear-off cost – you can set the cost to tear-off 1, 2 or 3 layers of old roofing materials.
- Number of stories / floors – you can set a certain amount of up-charge for each additional floor in the house, as it costs you more to install a roof on a triple-decker vs. a cape house.
- Total cost to install the roof you can set up your price per roofing square (your base labor price), and the calculator will add your cost per square for materials, chimney and skylight flashing cost, as well as other additional costs.
- Roof Type – you can choose between different roof types (currently Hip and Gable roof) and the calculator will automatically estimate all your sizes and lengths for hips, eaves, rakes, ridge, etc., and apply the waste factor for a chosen roof type.
- Roof Difficulty – Not every roof is the same, and it is much easier to install a roof on a straight-forward ranch roof, vs. a really cut-up roof with dormers, valleys, side-wall flashing, etc. You can set-up 3 different levels of difficulty: simple, medium and cut-up roof, and save in settings, how much to add per sq. for each difficulty level.
- New plywood – If you have to install new roof deck sheeting / plywood, you can set-up prices for 1/2″, 5/8″ or 3/4″ (really? ) CDX plywood or OSB sheeting.
- Landscape and Portrait mode – whether you prefer to hold you mobile device in one hand or with two hands, the calculator will automatically scale to fit the horizontal / vertical orientation of your phone
Roof Calculator pricing and future updates:
Pricing – The roofing calculator is priced at $19.99 for both Android and iPhone platforms. Roof Calc app comes with free updates.
Updates – We are working on many updates. We are considering to either have separate versions of the calculator for flat roofs and metal roofing shingles and metal roof panels or shingles, or combining them into a single application with extended functionality.
All updates will be posted online in App Store and Android Market and you will be able to update your app for free (even if we add / extend functionality of the app).
Adding more features – we will work on adding more features to the calculator as time goes by. For example, one of the major features update we are working out right now is for the app to be able to calculate cut-up roofs with multiple valleys and dormers. However these features will not be available in the release version of the calculator, as there are some technical / logistical and lay-out difficulties in implementing them on a small screen of an iPhone / Android phone.
We need your feedback!
As we are working on this roofing calculator app, we can only consider things that we think are important. However, each roofing contractor / estimator will need some special set of features – that is where we need to rely on you to let us know what you would want to see in this roofing calculator.
Leave us your feedback in the comments section below, or join this roofing calculator discussion on roofing.com forum.
History of Roofing Calculator Mobile App
You can see full updates and app creation history here.