Roofing Calculator app is designed for Contractors, Estimators, Salesmen, and can also be used by Realtors and Home Inspectors, to quickly estimate steep sloped roofs – simple or complex. Users can pre-set all installation and labor prices, material costs, and other miscellaneous items. When calculating a job, all you need to do is enter ground dimensions of the roof, slope, tear-off, number of floors, roof flashing and penetration details, and roof substrate replacement.Ridge vent is calculated automatically, and can be manually adjusted by the user.
Once you enter roof information, click the “Calculate” button, and you will get a detailed report, that includes Total Roof Cost of Roof Materials, Labor Prices, and detailed roof measurements and materials breakdown. The reports can be saved, and emailed to the Contractor for internal records, or as a formal proposal to the client.
HIGHLIGHTS OF NEW FEATURES
– Multiple Roof Sections – include sheds, garages, additions – all calculated at once. You can add up-to 10 roofs or sections per calculation. Our app will intuitively add up all the roof sizes, materials needed for the job.
– Saving and Exporting Results – every time you calculate a roof, a report will be generated. You can either modify it, review or export it to yourself or your client in a professional looking estimate PDF file, with your company’s letterhead.
– GPS Location – to make your day-to-day work easier, the app will automatically get you location during an estimate, and record it into the report.
– Improved Accuracy with the addition of Valley, Dormers, Miscellaneous Costs (Permits, Dumpsters, Equipment, etc) and Sales Tax, prices are highly accurate.
Check out Roofing Calculator running on Samsung Galaxy Note – the best android phone for contractors.
How To Get the Roofing Calculator App
We made this great app work on the most popular mobile platforms, and you can get it directly from your phone / tablet, by downloading it from the application source – App Store on iPhone, Market on Android, and soon, App World on BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
To get the app from your phone, open Market app and search for “roofing calculator”. Our app should come up at the top.
To get Roofing Calculator for Android app straight from Android Market website – Roofing Calculator App.
Application price: $19.99 – Read a complete review of Roof Calculator for Android platform, including video user’s guide and a walk-through all the features. The App comes with FREE Updates.
You can try a fully functioning roofing calculator demo version, before you purchase a full version, to see if this is the right estimating tool for you.
Please rate the app on the Market if you purchase it, and leave us your feedback on how we can improve it, and what kind of new features you would like to see. We already have a few scheduled updates for the calculator that will be released soon.
Roofing Calculator mobile app
Introducing Roofing Calculator app for iPhone / iPad and Android smart-phones / tablets. This app helps contractors quickly calculate roof size, cost of materials, cost of labor, and enables you to provide your customers with a nearly instant price quote.
You will no longer have to run to the office to do a take-off or call your suppliers for current pricing. All materials prices and your labor costs will be saved in separate profiles, so all you’ll have to do is plug in roof dimensions, roof pitch and other details and click the “calculate” button – voila, you have your complete quote in front of you, including the cost of your materials.
Roofing Calculator iPhone app introduction video:
Roofing Calculator App Features
The App will combine the functionality of our main roofing calculator and roofing materials calculator, as well as add a ton of customization options:
- Roofing Materials Profiles – you can save your materials prices (including the cost of shingles, felt, I&W, roofing nails, ridge vent, drip edge, etc.) as profiles.
- Chimney and Skylight Flashing – Set the price to flash chimneys / skylights.
- Waste factor – Set the waste factor for Hip and Gable roofs, which we currently estimate at 7.5% for hip roofs and 5% for gable roofs.
- Roof Slope – the tool will automatically calculate geometrical roof pitch, based on the pitch value you enter, and will provide the length of your gables / roof run.
- Roof tear-off cost – you can set the cost to tear-off 1, 2 or 3 layers of old roofing materials.
- Number of stories / floors – you can set a certain amount of up-charge for each additional floor in the house, as it costs you more to install a roof on a triple-decker vs. a cape house.
- Total cost to install the roof you can set up your price per roofing square (your base labor price), and the calculator will add your cost per square for materials, chimney and skylight flashing cost, as well as other additional costs.
- Roof Type – you can choose between different roof types (currently Hip and Gable roof) and the calculator will automatically estimate all your sizes and lengths for hips, eaves, rakes, ridge, etc., and apply the waste factor for a chosen roof type.
- Roof Difficulty – Not every roof is the same, and it is much easier to install a roof on a straight-forward ranch, vs. a really cut-up roof with dormers, valleys, side-wall flashing, etc. You can set-up 3 different levels of difficulty: simple, medium and cut-up, and save in settings, how much to add per sq. for each difficulty level.
- New Plywood – If you have to install new roof deck sheeting / plywood, you can set-up prices for 1/2″, 5/8″ or 3/4″ (really? ) CDX plywood or OSB sheeting.
- Landscape and Portrait Mode – whether you prefer to hold you mobile device in one hand or with two hands, the calculator will automatically scale to fit the horizontal / vertical orientation of your phone
We are working on many updates. We are considering to either have separate versions of the calculator for flat roofs and metal roofing shingles and metal roof panels or shingles, or combining them into a single application with extended functionality.
All updates will be posted online in the Appstore and Android Market and you will be able to update your app for free (even if we add / extend functionality).
Adding more features – we will work on adding more features as time goes by. For example, one of the major updates we are working out right now is for the app to be able to calculate cut-up roofs with multiple valleys and dormers. However, these features will not be available in the release version of the calculator, as there are some technical / logistical and lay-out difficulties in implementing them on a small screen of an iPhone / Android phone.
We need your feedback!
As we are working on this roofing calculator app, we can only consider things that we think are important. However, each contractor / estimator will need some special set of features – that is where we need to rely on you to let us know what you would want to see in this app.
Leave us your feedback in the comments section below, or join this roofing calculator discussion on roofing.com forum.
History of the Roofing Calculator Mobile App
You can see full updates and app creation history here.
See costs in your area Start Here - Enter Your Zip Code